-- Sent from mobile --
On 29 Jul 2014 13:36, "Nipuni Perera" <nip...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated the above patch with the attachment
SVNBasedArtifactRepository.patch. When svn is update by a manager-node, svn
get a new revision number with the update but manager node remains in the
same revision number. It does not call checkout() or update() methods
above. If I restart the manger-node, there I can observe two different
values for newRevisionNumberLog and lastRevisionNumber inside checkout()
method of manager-node.

Is it the same behaviour without your fixes too? The revision number cannot
change unless there is a check-in.

> I have sent a pull request for the above fix.
>
> Thanks,
> Nipuni
>

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Nipuni Perera <nip...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have update the log messages and methods mentioned earlier. Find the
attached patch.

>> Thanks,
>> Nipuni
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Nipuni Perera <nip...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on $subject.Three methods below
>>>
>>> checkout(int tenantId, String filePath, int depth)
>>>
>>> update(int tenantId, String rootPath, String filePathToUpdate, int
depth)

>>> checkout(int tenantId, String filePath)
>>>
>>>  in [1] uses the code,
>>>
>>> filesUpdated = svnClient.update(root, SVNRevision.HEAD,Depth.infinity,
NO_SET_DEPTH,ignoreExternals, forceUpdate);

>>> svnClient.update(..) returns revision number but assigned to
filesUpdated. The method return value is set to

>>> filesUpdated >1
>>>
>>> which is incorrect. According to javadocs[2], methods should return
true if files were checked out or updates, false otherwise. If files were
changed, it can be detected comparing revision numbers. Therefore the
return value would be,

>>>          long lastRevisionNumber =
svnClient.getInfo(root).getLastChangedRevision();
>>>      long newRevisionNumber = svnClient.update(root,
SVNRevision.HEAD,Depth.infinity, NO_SET_DEPTH,ignoreExternals, forceUpdate);

>>>      return newRevisionNumber>lastRevisionNumber;
>>>
>>> This gives different values for newRevisionNumberLog and
lastRevisionNumber, when I debug with a worker node, but gave same value
for both variables for manager node. What could be the issue here?. Log
messages should also updated accordingly. Is there any other issue to
consider?

https://github.com/wso2-dev/carbon-commons/blob/master/components/deployment-synchronizer/org.wso2.carbon.deployment.synchronizer.subversion/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/deployment/synchronizer/subversion/SVNBasedArtifactRepository.java

https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/trunk/components/deployment-synchronizer/org.wso2.carbon.deployment.synchronizer/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/deployment/synchronizer/ArtifactRepository.java