Hi Ishara,
In your dependency, ArtifactId is not correct. and In order to get the
tests-jars you need to define classifier too. Please try out the bellow
dependency configuration and  build again.

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.synapse</groupId>
        <artifactId>synapse-core</artifactId>
        <version>2.1.2-wso2v4</version>
        <classifier>tests</classifier>
    </dependency>

Thanks,
Nuwanw

--
Nuwan Wimalasekara
Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation

phone: +94 71 668 4620