Hi Raj,

What I meant is you have to add those host entries into the your machine
when you access mgt.as.wso2.com.

Worker nodes should have those host entries I guess. boot.sh won't be able
to add the host entries to the worker nodes since worker nodes are
dynamically spawned and runs on different machines.Host entries may be
added by cartridge agent or puppet

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 7:56 AM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Udara,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Sorry if my understanding is wrong.
>
> [1] says we have to map following entries in *worker node's* /etc/hosts
> file. Don't we have to that?
>
> <MYSQL-DB-SERVER-IP> carbondb.mysql-wso2.com
>  <AS-Manager-IP> mgt.as.wso2.com
>
> 1. https://docs.wso2.com/display/CLUSTER420/Configuring+the+Worker+Node
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> AS workers and managers are in different machines from the machine you
>> run PP components. So boot.sh won't have those snippets.
>> Worker nodes should know only about wka member.
>>
>> When you access mgt.as.wso2.com from your laptop you should manually add
>> them to your laptop's hosts file.
>> Mgt.as.wso2.com LB-public-ip
>>

>> Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.
>> On Aug 9, 2014 11:55 PM, "Rajkumar Rajaratnam" <rajkum...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When we do worker-manager cluster, we need to map host names to actual
>>> IPs in both worker and manager nodes' /etc/hosts files.
>>>
>>> For example, if we are doing application server worker-manager
>>> clustering, worker nodes' /etc/hosts file should have the following entries,
>>>
>>> <MYSQL-DB-SERVER-IP> carbondb.mysql-wso2.com
>>>  <AS-Manager-IP> mgt.as.wso2.com
>>>
>>> Where are we doing this in P-PaaS start up script (boot.sh) ?
>>>
>>> I couldn't find any snippet doing such host name mapping in boot.sh. Can
>>> someone point it out please?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam