Hi

Current implementation of the extension class is designed not to refer any
parameters outside. Ex : CarbonServerExtension class starts the carbon
server with default configuration for the integration test.
<extentionClasses>
   <className
>org.wso2.carbon.integration.common.extensions.carbonserver.CarbonServerExtension</
className>
</extentionClasses>

But we need to pass some parameters into those extension classes to improve
the flexibility of those extensions as below. Then we can refer those
parameters inside the extension class and make those classes more flexible.
Then we can start the carbon server with dynamic configuration.

<extentionClasses>
   <class>
      <name
>org.wso2.carbon.integration.common.extensions.carbonserver.CarbonServerExtension</name>
      <parameter name="portOffSet" value="2" />
      <parameter name="cmdArg" value="debug 5005" />
   </class>
</extentionClasses>

Currently those extension classes implement ExecutionListenerExtension
class. But in order to implement $subject we need to change
ExecutionListenerExtension
interface to abstract class and make some changes to automation.xml. Then
we can provide the parameter list into the actual class extends the
ExecutionListenerExtension.

Thanks,
Nuwanw

--
Nuwan Wimalasekara
Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation

phone: +94 71 668 4620