Hi Prasad and Asok,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Asok Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Thank you Prasad..
> This is what I needed to get clarified
>
> *Asok Aravinda Perera*
> Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.;http://wso2.com/
> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwso2.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGJuLRux6KkJwXKVUCYOtEsNCmIAQ>
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> Mobile: +94722241032
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Prasad Tissera <pras...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> When a service provider created in IS, a role is created for that service
>> provider. If you want only user1 to access the app1 you can assign the role
>> only to the user1, and remove the role from super admin role list.

This role is getting created when registering a Service Provider in IS. And
only users which have change this Service Provider configuration, the
relevant user should have that role.

Not having service provider role for a user, will not restrict from login
him to be log in.
In other words admin user will be able to login to both apps even admin do
not have any role which created when registering the Service Provider.

>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:34 AM, Asok Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you Pushpalanka !
>>> But there is another clarification needed.
>>> What if a user needs to isolate two web apps ? Meaning, what if there
>>> 'cannot' be a super user sort of a logging (admin credentials) for two web
>>> apps which is secured through a single IS ?

This is not straightforward but can be couple of ways to handle this...
One way will be considering this as authorization decision and handle it
from webapp side. From the SAML response you can get role list of
authenticated user and in webapp level it check that user have some
specific role.

On the other hand If you have one set of users which have access to only
one app and another set of users which have access to only to other app,
you could have two tenants and divide two user set into two tenants. There
are some some tradeoff of this pattern due to tenant isolation.

The most suited way we can decide when we have a more concrete use case.

Regards,
Darshana

>>> BR
>>>

>>> *Asok Aravinda Perera*
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc.;http://wso2.com/
>>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwso2.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGJuLRux6KkJwXKVUCYOtEsNCmIAQ>
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> Mobile: +94722241032

>> Prasad Tissera
>> Software Engineer.
>> Mobile : +94777223444

*Darshana Gunawardana*Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

*E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
*Mobile: +94718566859 <%2B94718566859>*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware