Hi Ravindra,

The deactivation happens from Message Processor. User won't be deactivating
the task.

Can't we close the connection at MP level rather than Task level?

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Anjana Fernando <anj...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Ravindra,
>
> As I mentioned in our earlier f2f chat also, there is no such listener
> mechanism supported in ntask, even though it is supported in Quartz, for
> local servers. NTask has a very specific set of features, for distributed
> task scheduling, nothing else. And your requirement wasn't one of them. So
> we may consider implementing it in the future if it makes sense for
> multiple users of the feature, but not now, specially not in a hurry.
> Because we have to carefully check the usage and implement/test it
> properly. So for now at least, implement your scenario using cluster
> messaging, by notifying the required nodes of the state change.
>
> Cheers,
> Anjana.
>
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ravindra Ranwala <ravin...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi Anjana,
>>
>> Currently we are implementing Message store - Message processor
>> coordination support for ESB in worker-manager cluster mode. When a task is
>> deactivated some housekeeping work needs to be done. For an example
>> cleaning up JMS consumers etc. Quartz supports several types of Listeners
>> which can be registered to get the notifications. But we could not see such
>> a listener in our ntask core implementation. An example scenario which
>> emphasizes this requirement is given below.
>>

>> Suppose that the cluster has one manager and two worker nodes at the
>> moment where one message processor is running in one worker. This task is
>> having a JMS connection in order to consume JMS messages from a queue. When
>> the deactivation occurs in the manager node, the JMS connection is not
>> teared off properly in all worker nodes where it runs. Even Though the task
>> is deactivated this shows that there is one JMS consumer for the queue and
>> which is not the expected behaviour. Is there any support/hook in your
>> platform to get this done.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> --
>> Ravindra Ranwala
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc: http://wso2.com
>> <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwso2.com&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEZvyc0uMD1HhBaEGCBxs6e9fBObg>
>> Mobile: +94714198770
>>

> --
> *Anjana Fernando*
> Senior Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc. | http://wso2.com
> lean . enterprise . middleware

Best Regards,

Malaka Silva
Senior Tech Lead
M: +94 777 219 791
Tel : 94 11 214 5345
Fax :94 11 2145300
Skype : malaka.sampath.silva
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/pub/malaka-silva/6/33/77
Blog : http://mrmalakasilva.blogspot.com/

WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
http://www.wso2.com/
http://www.wso2.com/about/team/malaka-silva/
<http://wso2.com/about/team/malaka-silva/>

Save a tree -Conserve nature & Save the world for your future. Print this
email only if it is absolutely necessary.