Hi Anuruddha,
Please find my comments inline.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 2:21 AM, Anuruddha Premalal <anurud...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Gayan Dhanushka <gay...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anuruddha/ Danushka,
>>
>> FYI, I checked the code again and noticed that calling getAllAppsOfUser
>> from the user home page is not needed anymore. It is used in the eventing
>> page template. So updating the "application_list" in session
>>

> IMO we shouldn't keep the application_list in the *session*. Otherwise
> this will cause the issue that Danushka explained earlier. Shall we move it
> to *application* cache and do proper invalidation on update/delete?

The problem with the application level caching is, in real production
environment there will be hundreds of applications and It is not
recommended to keep heavyweight objects in the jaggery application cache as
they might introduce issues under concurrent environments[1].

> from the notification wall template is enough. Further more
>> "application_list" is not the attribtue in the session which is used to
>> draw the user home page.
>>

> Are we using this application_list somewhere else?. It's not correct to
> have the application_list in the *session* cache.
>

>> It is "USER_HOME_CACHE" attribute the one which is used.
>>
>> So I think it is safe to remove the recurring getAllAppsOfUser from the
>> user home page.
>>

> Check whether the  USER_HOME_CACHE have the application creation status;
> it shouldn't be cached since it's a dynamic parameter; in that case you'll
> have to getapplication info from  the back-end.

Yes.  USER_HOME_CACHE does has the application status and it will updated
the dynamically by poling for status changes of the applications, which are
in the pending status.

[1] "Do we have a cache implementation in Jaggery"

Thanks,
Samith

> WDYT ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Gayan
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Anuruddha Premalal <anurud...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gayan,
>>>
>>> IMO we should cache user data in the session cache and the application
>>> data should go to the application level cache. This way we can get rid of
>>> unwanted back-end calls and do proper cache invalidation.
>>>
>>> So IMO the proper way to do this is to have a clear data separation in
>>> caching layers rather than increasing callbacktime.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Anuruddha.

>>> *Anuruddha Premalal*