Hi Ramith,

Yes TestNg provides the facility of running tests in parallel. Considering
carbon servers the only possible level is in methods level
you can achieve this by defining parallel property in testNg.xml as follows

<suite name="Test-method Suite" parallel="methods" thread-count="2" >

Since we are performing configuration level changes such as server startup
and user deployment in listener level , parallel level test execution on
Test and Suite level will not be possible.

But you may be able to execute test methods parallel. But we have to test
what will happen is depend on and priorities are used in method level.

As per our experience your test suite must be matured and  100% confident
before peeping out to this. When it come to test failure it is really hard
to debug. So what i recommend at the moment is make the tests stable and
confident before moving in to this.

Thank you,
Dharshana.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Waruna Perera <waru...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Adding Krishantha
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Ramith Jayasinghe <ram...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> generally very nice to do this.
>> @Krishantha,
>> Can we run integration tests in parallel against a carbon server?
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Hemika Kodikara <hem...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> When executing the MB integration tests, we noticed that it takes a long
>>> time to get executed. I have several suggestions that could help us to cut
>>> down time.
>>>
>>> 1. Running tests classes in parallel [1]. Here we have to state how many
>>> classes to run in parallel.
>>>
>>> 2. Disable message receiving loggings in test cases. This can either be
>>> disabled or be turned into debug logs. If we are changing it to debug logs,
>>> we would need a way to enable debug logs(Have to look into this).
>>>
>>> 3. Reduce the number of messages published in each test case.
>>>
>>> What are your thoughts on the above suggestions ?
>>>
>>> [1] -
>>> http://howtodoinjava.com/2014/12/02/testng-executing-parallel-tests/
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Hemika
>>>
>>> Hemika Kodikara
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2 Inc.
>>> lean . enterprise . middleware
>>> http://wso2.com
>>>
>>> Mobile : +94777688882
>>>

>> --
>> Ramith Jayasinghe
>> Technical Lead
>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> E: ram...@wso2.com
>> P: +94 777542851

> Waruna Perera
> Senior Software Engineer - Test Automation
> Mobile: +94 77 3867037
> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com/
> lean . enterprise . middlewear.

Dharshana Warusavitharana
Senior Software Engineer , Test Automation
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
email : dharsha...@wso2.com <dharsha...@wso2.com>
Tel  : +94 11 214 5345
Fax :+94 11 2145300