Hi All,

We are in the process of implementing Oauth2 support for google spreasheets
API. We have used "google-api-client" for this purpose(dependency is in
[1]) We are going to give a tool so that user can generate Access token,
Refresh token and store them in the DBS file. (going to add the generation
tool since google doesn't let us use Refresh tokens generated by other
clients)

We thought of only to save Refresh token in the dbs file since the Access
token will be expired after some time and it will make the dbs file contain
wrong data. Our approach will be to request and get a access token in the
dbs deployment time using the refresh token we have. Will this approach be
good to tackle the situation?

[1] - <dependency>
            <groupId>com.google.api-client</groupId>
            <artifactId>google-api-client</artifactId>
            <version>1.20.0</version>
        </dependency>

Rajith Vitharana

Software Engineer,