Thanks Nuwan, for pointing out that changing only user-mgt.xml is
sufficient.

> We need the admin credentials to talk to admin services residing in other
> VMs. Is there a way to derive the admin password from the carbon runtime if
> its updated by the UI?

If user store are shared between systems and editing the password on
console other than the central console(eg: API manager which relies on
other systems) does not have a direct solution. However if its changed on
 a central managed(APIM itself) console then I think that if marshalling is
implemented on the carbon level then this would ease the configuration.

So i have a doubt here, If there is a feature in the console UI to update
the admin password then shouldn't it get marshalled and reflected on
user-mgt.xml. because for a simple password change on admin we have to
change few configurations and also restart the server if needed.

Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks,
*Ayyoob Hamza*
*Software Engineer*