From: Shiva Balachandran [mailto:sh...@wso2.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 10:37 AM
To: Rudy Hilado
Cc: WSO2 Developers' List
Subject: Re: [Dev] Accessing original file name from Smooks ESB Mediator

Have you tried setting a property to capture the file name that's being
processed?

 <property name=”Processing_File_Name”
expression=”get-property(‘transport’,’FILE_NAME’)”  type=”STRING”/>

Check this link
<https://shivabalachandran.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/quick-note-5-wso2-findout-access-lookup-identify-the-name-of-the-current-file-being-processed-by-the-vfs-listener/>
 .

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Rudy Hilado <rudy.hil...@centrihealth.com>
wrote:

Hello (I thought I’d post this again to see if anyone has some insight)

In the WSO2 ESB, we are trying to process very large files and I’ve reviewed
the online examples that explain the Smooks mediator should be used to split
the larger file into smaller files. Using the smooks configuration
<file:outputStream>, the output file name is defined in the
<file:fileNamePattern>. All the examples show the file name pattern derived
using data from the record being processed.

Is it possible to access the source file name?

I need the split files to have a name that includes the original file name.

(I’m beginning to suspect that, oddly, it’s not possible to access the original
file name within Smooks)

Thanks for any help,

- Rudy

Shiva Balachandran