Dear all,

We are about to use the Enterprise Store 2.0.0 in a production environment, so
we are performing several tests focusing in particular on its advanced features.
Unfortunately we noticed a serious issue that prevents us from effectively
using your product. Such issue is related in particular to the creation of new
asset instances where both unbounded tables and uploaded files (e.g., thumbnail
or banner image) are involved.

The issue is described in detail below. Should you need more details about the
tests we performed, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to your feedback.

Issue description:

When a user creates an asset instance with:

*         more than one value in an unbounded table (e.g., "Item_1", "Item_2"
and "Item_3")

*         and one file (e.g., thumbnail image)
the instance created is stored with only the last item in the unbounded table
(i.e., "Item_1" and "Item_2" are lost)

It seems that, in order to correctly store the fields of the asset instance,
the user must add "Item_1" and "Item_2" to the unbounded table without adding
any file.
But if the user updates the instance by updating even just one file, the fields
in the unbounded table are lost again.

Details about some tests performed:

a)      New instance for Test Asset (you can see artifactType rxt in the
attachments)

We created a new artifactType called "test" adding an unbounded table to the
rxt of the standard "gadget" artifactType.

This is the result visible from the "Creating" page in the ES Publisher (the
unbounded table is marked in red):

[cid:image001.jpg@01D1207F.4FE10F20]

>From the ES Publisher interface we created 2 instances: "Test_noFile" and
>"Test_withFile".

As their names imply, the only difference between them is that for the
"Test_noFile" asset we loaded no file (for thumbnail and banner fields), while
for the "Test_withFile" asset we selected an image as thumbnail.
Both assets have the same values for all the other fields, and in particular
the unbounded table was filled with the values "Item_1", "Item_2" and "Item_3".
The two assets would have to be identical, but from the Overview screen you can
see that "Test_withFile ", the one with the custom thumbnail, has only the last
item in the unbounded table, while the "Test_noFile" asset shows correctly the
whole table because no file was loaded.

                                   Test_noFile
                  Test_withFile

[cid:image002.jpg@01D1207F.4FE10F20][cid:image003.jpg@01D1207F.4FE10F20]

b)      Results of two further tests performed on the previous assets:

Using the ES Publisher we edited the "Test_noFile" asset (in which the
unbounded table worked as expected). We added a custom thumbnail without
modifying any other field, then we saved the asset and re-loaded the detail
view.

Result: Unbounded table does not work anymore.

[cid:image004.jpg@01D1207F.4FE10F20]

>From the ES Publisher we edited the "Test_withFile" (in which the unbounded
>table did not work). We re-inserted "Item_1", "Item_2", and "Item_3" in the
>unbounded table without loading any file (keeping the previous custom
>thumbnail), then we saved the asset and re-loaded the detail view.

Result: Unbounded table works.

[cid:image005.jpg@01D1207F.4FE10F20]

Luca Mastrangelo

Mobile +39  3401542377