Hi Sanjeewa,

On Sunday, November 22, 2015, Sanjeewa Malalgoda <sanje...@wso2.com> wrote:

> In 1.10 we have commemted out cache clear handler in revoke api but it was
> there in token API. So by default we will not use transport headers coming
> from revoke request but use in token api. But i dont see any other option
> if we need to clear cache in gateway.
> @amila have we done something to clear cache without cache clear handler?

Nope, the only additional cache related method we introduced was
getActiveTokensByConsumerKey which is used to clear Gateway Cache, when a
change happens on the subscription.

During one of the discussions we had when this requirement was brought up,
one option discussed was calling
APIAuthenticationService.invalidateCachedTokens from KeyManager. If
KeyManager has a listener which gets called while tokens get revoked, then
this operation can be called from that listener.

> if not we have 2 options
> 1. clear cache during request path of token revoke apis. Then we can clear
> cache without relying on what happen in key manager side.
> Disadvantage of this is we have to build message body in request path.

But still we won't be able to clear the cache when refresh token is used,
right?