HI,

Any idea for $subject, at [1] ? Isn't the analysis id is sufficient? or was
there any reason to do so?

Issue is, if the user passes a wrong/mismatching algorithm name (than the
actual algo name in the analysis) here, it updates the "ML_HYPER_PARAMETER"
table with this algo name, while keeping the "ML_MODEL_CONFIGURATION"
table's algo name unchanged. This leads to data inconsistencies in
retrieving data via REST API.

Think we don't need to store alog name in ML_HYPER_PARAMETER table in the
first place. But if we need to do so for some reason, then best approach is
to get it from the ML_MODEL_CONFIGURATION table and update the
ML_HYPER_PARAMETER table.

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/ML110/Setting+Hyper+Parameters+for+an+Algorithm+of+an+Analysis+via+REST+API

Regards,