Further, please find the below corrections in the method described above

1) Build the product with fix.
2) Navigate to below location in builder machine and create a folder called
"feature-updater" inside the product where the fix should be applied.
/home/developerstudio/wso2/developer-studio/

for example:if the fix is for ESB , then navigate to
 /home/developerstudio/wso2/developer-studio/esb and create the folder
called "feature-updater" in it.

ESB product already contains the feature-updater tool and you need to get
the publish.sh script from that location. If you are providing a fix for
some other product tool create the folder in the root level of that product
tool source and copy the publish.sh file from the ESB/feature-updater
location
3) then create the two folders  as features and plugins inside
feature-updater folder.
the features and plugins folders should be created inside the
feature-updater/p2 folder. it should be inside p2 folder from where the
publish.sh script resides
4) then add the feature jar to the features folder and the plugin jars
related to the feature inside the plugins folder.
5) Extract a eclipse distribution and give it's path as eclipse_home in the
publish.sh script
6) Execute the script
7) while it runs, it asks for the feature. Give the feature name without
the version
8) Script will create a newP2 which will contain p2 of the fix
9) then navigate to the below location. Create a folder with patch number
under updates. Please note, below location points to esb.

/home/developerstudio/public_html/developer-studio-kernel/4.0.0/esb-tools/updates
10) Copy the p2 (which is created in step 8) inside the newly created patch
folder
11)then update the compositeArtifacts.xml and compositeContent.xml to add
the new patch folder

Awanthika Senarath
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94717681791