Hi Randika,

Thank you for showing interest for this project.

I've checked the SPMF library and what this library supports is sequential
pattern mining which is quite different from machine learning algorithms
used in WSO2 ML. What this project intends to achieve is to leverage the
existing algorithms to support streaming data. As an initiative, first you
can get an idea about the architecture of WSO2 ML[1]. CEP event streams[2]
/ publishers[3] maybe used for feeding data streams in to ML. Since ML is
using Apache Spark mllib[4] for its' algorithms, you might want to read
about that.

To get an idea about an architecture, try to understand how Spark
streaming[5] (see examples) handles input data streams. Also, have a look
in the streaming algorithms[6][7] supported. In order to use these
algorithms, you may have to use Scala APIs(Since Spark does not have Java
implementations yet). There are two approaches indicated in the project
proposals page. These streaming algorithms can be directly used in the
first approach. For the other approach, the architecture should contain a
procedure to create mini batches from streaming data with relevant sizes
(i.e. a moving window) and do periodic retraining of the same algorithm.

BTW, watching the video referenced in the proposal (reference: 5) will help
you getting a better idea about machine learning algorithms with streaming
data.

Let us know if you need any help with these.

Best regards

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/ML110/Architecture
[2] https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP400/Understanding+Event+Streams
[3] https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP400/HTTP+Event+Publisher