Hi all,

Currently in the wso2as-web.xml contains a parent first configuration
parameter per web app class loading. Also tomcat it self provide
configurable parent first class loading behavior in side the context.xml.

One benefit of using the tomcat configuration for controlling parent first
behavior is, we can reuse their methods. But if we separate the parent
first parameter from wso2as-web.xml we need to add context.xml file per web
app just for changing the class loading behavior. Also for each
context.xml, the Loader element must be added with specifying app-sever web
app loader class if the web app requires wso2 web app loader module.
Therefore it is bit complex to configure a web app if it requires to change
parent first behavior.

Which approach should we use for the configuration?

Thanks
--
Miraj Abeysekara
Intern (Software Engineering)