On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Anjana Fernando <anj...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are we talking about having two instances of running in one physical
> machine or else, just one instance running? .. As Srinath said, usually HA
> in one node does not make sense, since it does not really have HA, if
> there's a single point of failure. But some people do put multiple
> instances of software in really dependable hardware, and just have the
> extra instances for process level HA, i.e. if due to a software related
> issue a process is killed, the other takes over.

​@Anjan how does this work? If the 2 nodes are started in the same machine
they have to bind to different ports. If one node goes down - how can the
other node take it's place. Or are you talking about scenario where the
second node is started if the process ID is killed?

(It's confusing to say this mode as HA since it's really not Highly
Available. It looks more like DR in a single node) ​

> Cheers,
> Anjana.
>
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Srinath Perera <srin...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> IMO  HA in same node does not make much sense.
>>
>> --Srinath
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to setup DAS minimum HA deployment in one node? AFAIS the
>>> requirement to create a symbolic link makes it impossible?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Thanks & regards,
>>> Nirmal
>>>
>>> Team Lead - WSO2 Machine Learner
>>> Associate Technical Lead - Data Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
>>> Mobile: +94715779733

>> ============================
>> Blog: http://srinathsview.blogspot.com twitter:@srinath_perera
>> Site: http://home.apache.org/~hemapani/