Hi Danushka,

Streaming log option is similar to tailf in unix systems. I guess you
application is not actively producing any logs. That might be the reason
you don't get any output or experiencing this.

First I would try following kube command in k8s console against my
respective pod.

# Begin streaming the logs of a pod
./kubectl logs -f <pod_name>

Go to 249 or 251 and try that. You can try more options as mentioned in
[3]. but make sure you have the "*-f "* option.

Also you can try [1] from you browser against 249 or 251, that is the
direct api call to the k8s to get streaming of the logs. This is the same
call that is generated by the fabric8 when we are invoking streamRuntimeLogs()
method.

Also I would have a web app that actively generate logs to test this
option. Something like [2]. You can just download the war file from [2] and
deploy it in AppCloud setup you are testing. Then just hit "
*<launch_url>/logme*" from the browser and the application will start
generate logs continuously. This kind of application will help you test
this feature.

Finally I would try to see whether if we can pass tailing lines or
.sinceSeconds()
or .tailingLines() options to streamRuntimeLogs() builder pattern, better
if something like .tailingLines(10) then streaming will always starts with
last 10 lines. In that case we need to modify the back end code similar to "
getRuntimeLogs(LogQuery query)" method.

This is something I would try at the very end, if everything goes smoothly
above.

Hope this information is helpful to you regarding this JIRA. Let me know if
you have any concerns.

[1] http://*<k8s_ip>:<port>*/api/v1/namespaces/*<namespace>*/pods/
*<pod_name>*/log?container=tomcat-server&*follow=true*
&previous=false&timestamps=false

[2]
https://github.com/kasundsilva/jsp-loggin/tree/master/sample.log.app.one/target

[3] http://kubernetes.io/docs/user-guide/kubectl/kubectl_logs/