Hi Thanuja,

Were you able to resolve the issue after changing the charset and engine?
Also can you specify the MySQL connector version that you were using?

@Mohan, we did a debug session and what we could observe was that the
encoding was set to windows-1252 as I remember. The main issue here was
that there is a logic in MySQL adapter to retrieve the data type of each
column and we map these types to our databridge data types. However, all
non-string data types were returning the value -1, instead of assigned data
type number for BIGINT, INT etc. We were thinking since it was returning
different or incorrect values, this was due to charset mismatch or engine
mismatch.

Relevant code is under initializeTableInfo() in [1]

[1]
https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/branches/turing/components/event-stream/event-output-adaptor/org.wso2.carbon.event.output.adaptor.mysql/1.0.1/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/event/output/adaptor/mysql/MysqlEventAdaptorType.java

Thanks,
Lasantha

On 27 May 2016 at 00:38, Mohanadarshan Vivekanandalingam <mo...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran <
> thanu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> Do we need to set the MySQL *storage engine* as '*MyISAM*' and *character
>> set *to* utf8* for the tables created by the CEP Output MySQL Event
>> Adaptors?
>>
>> I'm using CEP 3.0.0/3.1.0 with MySQL server version *5.6.30*. If I don't
>> set those, by default storage engine is set to *InnoDB* and character
>> set is set to *latin1 *and events are not persisted in the table. Once I
>> change those as said above, events are persisted in the table.
>>

> No, it is not a requirement..
>
> I am using MySQL server version 5.6.28.. Tried with InnoDB engine and
> latin1 charset and it is working fine.. Have you checked data format that
> you tried to insert ?
>
> Thanks,
> Mohan
>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Inc.;http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> mobile: +94 774363167
>>

> --
> *V. Mohanadarshan*
> *Senior Software Engineer,*
> *Data Technologies Team,*
> *WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com> *
> *lean.enterprise.middleware.*
>
> email: mo...@wso2.com
> phone:(+94) 771117673

*Lasantha Fernando*
Senior Software Engineer - Data Technologies Team
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com

email: lasan...@wso2.com
mobile: (+94) 71 5247551