Hi all,

We hope to deprecate current Statistics implementation of DAS REST API from
the APIM 2.0.x version. The reason was, when compared with RDBMS
implementation REST client having a comparable performance issue. We did a
performance test for both REST and RDBMS implementation and we observed the
following result.

records RDBMS (ms) REST (ms)
10 42 89
100 9 350
200 12 1100
350 10 1466
1000 33 2306
2000 8 7351
3000 11 11381
4000 14 20504
5000 9 29633

​

Thus comparing numbers, we can see that in REST client implementation there
is a huge performance issue compared to RDBMS. Thus APIM default analytic
client will be RDBMS instead of REST client from APIM next release onward
and REST implementation[1] will be deprecated.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/blob/release-6.0.x/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.usage/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.usage.client/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/apimgt/usage/client/impl/APIUsageStatisticsRestClientImpl.java

Thanks and Regards
--
Rukshan Chathuranga.
Software Engineer.