On 5 June 2016 at 23:52, Mohanadarshan Vivekanandalingam <mo...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Sajith Ravindra <saji...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems Spark has a dependency on scala-library_2.10.4 and this jar is
>> already included in DAS pack, therefore copying scala-library-2.11.7.jar as
>> per the documentation will lead to a conflict. I tested deleting
>> ./repository/components/plugins/org.scala-lang.scala-library_2.10.4.v20140209-180020-VFINAL-b66a39653b.jar
>> in DAS pack and it fixes the above error. But it give a NoClassDefFound
>> error in startup.
>>
>> AFAIU there's no straightforward way to workaround this issue as it
>> requires to two different versions of the same .jar other than upgrading
>> the Spark scla-library dependency.
>>

> Yes, @Charith you have few options..
>
> 1) Build a single jar/bundle by wrapping necessary dependencies and use.

+1. I think building a proper jar with the correct dependencies would be
good since that way we can use the latest version of Kafka. WDYT?

Also, @Charitha, can you try putting the scala-library to dropins instead
of lib. From looking at the jar, it already has an OSGi manifest file, so
no need to OSGify it again. Did we try starting the server without putting
the scala-library-2.11.7.jar at all? Anyway, since this is an OSGi binding
issue, there might be some non-standard bundle combinations that can get it
to work. But that wouldn't be a clean solution I think.

Thanks,
Lasantha

> 2) Try with Kafka 2.10-0.8.1.1 server
>

>> P.S : @Charith if this is for the sake of testing you can use CEP as it
>> has not scala-libarary dependency.
>>

> --
> *V. Mohanadarshan*
> *Associate Tech Lead,*
> *Data Technologies Team,*
> *WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com> *
> *lean.enterprise.middleware.*
>
> email: mo...@wso2.com
> phone:(+94) 771117673

*Lasantha Fernando*
Senior Software Engineer - Data Technologies Team
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com

email: lasan...@wso2.com
mobile: (+94) 71 5247551