Hi Hemika,

Converting from long to string should happen on client side. Otherwise we
will display times in server time zone, which is not useful. You should
always record time in long UTC and send to the client in long. UTC to
current time-zone conversion should happen at client as follows.

var d = new Date(1324339200000);

Additionally if the time is close to the current date you can show the
difference for better UX [1]

[1] https://github.com/odyniec/tinyAgo-js/blob/master/tinyAgo.js