HI Kasun

For a stand users we expect to do following steps

- User will  goes to relevant product page  for ex: ESB page
- There s/he will download  ESB tool which is RCP version (Eclipse+product
tool)
- S/He just start the Developer Studio for ESB
-If s/he wants to install more product plugins on top of this Developer
Studio - then just got to Developer Studio menu-->install wso2 product
then all the available product will be list down in a simple window there
users only see the available products , there user can select and install
products that s/he wants .

Also in the product documentations/in the webpage, should be mentioned only
about the fine grain p2 repo[1] for a relevant product, not the based p2
url[2]. for an example  , for ESB, it should be this[1]

If user gives based url[2] of the p2 repo s/he will see all available stuff
including kernel ,platform and all products, Actually this step for only
advance users and all plugin developers.However  user only have to select
what s/he wants , for an example, if you want to install ESB tools , then
s/he have to select the ESB only doesn't need to worry on any dependancies,
all the relevant stuff will be installed automatically.

Thanks and Regards
/Jasintha

[1] -
http://builder1.us1.wso2.org/~developerstudio/developer-studio-kernel/4.1.0/esb-tooling/releases/
[2] -
http://builder1.us1.wso2.org/~developerstudio/developer-studio-kernel/4.1.0/releases/

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Can we only show the product list and automatically install the required
> kernel. DevStudio kernel make no sense to an end user.
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 9:32 PM, Awanthika Senarath <awanth...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nisrin,
>>

>> For the offline installation, user should download the pack from [1].
>>
>> If it is online installation user should point the eclipse install new
>> software to [2], select only ESB and install.
>>
>> This should be the process for alpha, beta or GA release. Steps should
>> not differ according to the release category.
>>

>> [1]
>> http://builder1.us1.wso2.org/~developerstudio/devstudio-tooling-esb/5.0.0/Beta/composite/
>>
>> [2]
>> http://builder1.us1.wso2.org/~developerstudio/developer-studio-kernel/4.1.0/releases/
>>
>> Regards
>> Awanthika
>>
>> Awanthika Senarath
>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>> Mobile: +94717681791
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Nisrin Sheriff <nis...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can someone please provide the correct set of steps to follow to install
>>> the ESB tooling plug-in so that I can update the docs accordingly. Also if
>>> the steps to follow when it comes to beta is going to be a lot different to
>>> the steps that need to be followed after GA, I guess we might have to
>>> create a PDF for beta users and share it.
>>>
>>> Regarding the info in the blog [1], is the information provided there
>>> correct with regard to beta?
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://nuwanpallewela.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/how-to-install-developer-studio-esb-tool/
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Nisrin
>>>
>>> <https://nuwanpallewela.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/how-to-install-developer-studio-esb-tool/>
>>> <https://nuwanpallewela.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/how-to-install-developer-studio-esb-tool/>
>>> <https://nuwanpallewela.wordpress.com/2016/04/10/how-to-install-developer-studio-esb-tool/>
>>>
>>> Nisrin Sheriff
>>> Senior Technical Writer
>>>
>>> *WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
>>> mobile: +94 776 24 84 56
>>> http://wso2.com

> Kasun Indrasiri
> Software Architect
> WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> cell: +94 77 556 5206
> Blog : http://kasunpanorama.blogspot.com/

--

*Jasintha Dasanayake**Associate Technical Lead*

*WSO2 Inc. | http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>lean . enterprise .
middleware*

*mobile :- 0711-368-118*