IMO, scopes for any application should be designed and implemented taking
the end-to-end business functionalities into account, rather than focussing
on different discrete pieces of small functional units such as UI, BE, etc.
For instance, if some user is authorized to "manage users", the underlying
scopes that make it possible to that particular user to perform the
intended task, should be shared across the UI as well as the BE. In other
words, the same scope that lets the user access the BE resources associated
with managing users, can be re-used to render the associated UI elements as
well. That way, not only it makes us avoid overly redundant scopes, which -
if not managed properly - can be a headache, but also helps us make things
much more simplified.

Cheers,
Prabath

--