Hi Akila,

Yes, there is a possibility to use a custom member discovery schema for
Spark. In fact, that is what we are using at the moment. We are using
Hazlecast for membership management (using WKA).
We are extending the following extension points in Spark [1] to support
this.

I agree with Imesh. We still have not extensively tested connecting DAS to
an external Mesos Spark cluster. But it is in the roadmap and we are
working on it.

Best

[1]
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/deploy/master/RecoveryModeFactory.scala