On Jun 27, 2016 9:38 PM, "Akila Ravihansa Perera" <raviha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently Mesos membership scheme relies on Marathon REST API to discover
the members in a cluster. There can be situations where access to Marathon
REST API could be restricted and access cannot be granted for Carbon
products due to security concerns.

> However, we can still discover members in the cluster by using Mesos DNS
REST API [1]. I've implemented this functionality in [2]. We can set the
DNS endpoint via MESOS_DNS_ENDPOINT parameter in axis2.xml.
> We can change the member discovery scheme by defining
the MESOS_MEMBER_DISCOVERY_SCHEME parameter in axis2.xml. The default will
be 'Marathon' (via Marathon REST API). It is important to understand that
Mesos DNS will periodically query the master node to get a list of members,
therefore it is possible that there will be a delay to reflect the latest
state. I've introduced a DNS update timeout (DNS_UPDATE_TIMEOUT which
defaults to 10s), period of time to keep retrying if the service is not
found.

> Note that if there are shared Marathon applications when creating a
single Hazelcast cluster you need to include them in MARATHON_APPLICATIONS
parameter as comma separated values. For eg: WSO2 ESB worker/manager setup
> wso2esb manager should not have any value for MARATHON_APPLICATIONS since
it should be started first, before the worker. Members in the same
application (wso2esb-manager in this case) will be added by default
How about using a predefined label, all apps that should be in same cluster
have same value for that label. My suggestion is something like VHOST-0 in
mararhonlb
In a gateway worker, manager,is as KM, Greg publisher store scenario we
have to mention multiple apps in MARATHON_APPLICATIONS feild.

> wso2esb worker should have "wso2esb-manager" as MARATHON_APPLICATIONS
since it will be started after the manager.

https://github.com/wso2/mesos-artifacts/tree/master/common/mesos-membership-scheme