On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Nisala Nanayakkara <nis...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi KasunG,
>
> Yes.This is the branch. Currently we are maintaining two branches as this
> tomcat version(tomcat 8) will not work with carbon 4.4.x products due to
> the tomcat API changes.
>

> So we have to maintain two branches now. But we will move the current
> master to branch 0.12.x branch and merger tomcat-8.0.x-jaggery to master.
> Then its a two different versions, not a feature branch.

Since the code bases are pretty similar, it would be much better if these
two can be merged together instead! What are the possible alternatives we
have?

Maintaining two different branches in the same repo would mean that we will
need to have two major versions. One for the existing development, and
another for the new development.

Thanks,
KasunG