Hi Indika,

Yes, this is a known issue when using the exponentially-decaying reservoir
and when we see the problem clearly when we display the data in a time
series chart.

In order to provide a solution, we need to implement a different reservoir
for metrics and we can use a project like HdrHistogram [1]. I'm planning to
include a new reservoir implementation in Carbon Metrics 2.1.0, which is
based on Carbon Kernel 5.1.0.

Do you want this problem to be fixed in Carbon 4.x based release?

[1] https://github.com/HdrHistogram/HdrHistogram

--
Isuru Perera
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/