Hi all,

When I start DAS using IBM JDK, I get the following exception. [1]

Upon further investigations, I found that [2] the following change needs to
be done.

"Please set the following property[1] in
"Owasp.CsrfGuard.Carbon.properties" file
(SERVER_HOME/repository/conf/security) which is default set to [2].
[1] - org.owasp.csrfguard.PRNG.Provider=IBMJCE
[2] - org.owasp.csrfguard.PRNG.Provider=SUN"

It actually resolved my issue. My question is, is this a platform wide
configuration? and If that is so, I suggest we add it in all the docs.

Best

[1]
ERROR {org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext} -  Exception sending
context initialized event to listener instance of class
org.owasp.csrfguard.CsrfGuardServletContextListener
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: no such algorithm: SHA1PRNG for
provider SUN
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.config.PropertiesConfigurationProviderFactory.retrieveConfiguration(PropertiesConfigurationProviderFactory.java:34)
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.config.overlay.ConfigurationAutodetectProviderFactory.retrieveConfiguration(ConfigurationAutodetectProviderFactory.java:73)
at org.owasp.csrfguard.CsrfGuard.retrieveNewConfig(CsrfGuard.java:112)
at org.owasp.csrfguard.CsrfGuard.config(CsrfGuard.java:86)
at org.owasp.csrfguard.CsrfGuard.isPrintConfig(CsrfGuard.java:685)
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.CsrfGuardServletContextListener.printConfigIfConfigured(CsrfGuardServletContextListener.java:97)
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.CsrfGuardServletContextListener.contextInitialized(CsrfGuardServletContextListener.java:86)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5068)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5584)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1572)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1562)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1143)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:618)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:785)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: no such algorithm: SHA1PRNG for
provider SUN
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.config.PropertiesConfigurationProvider.<init>(PropertiesConfigurationProvider.java:234)
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.config.PropertiesConfigurationProviderFactory.retrieveConfiguration(PropertiesConfigurationProviderFactory.java:32)
... 15 more
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: no such algorithm:
SHA1PRNG for provider SUN
at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getService(GetInstance.java:99)
at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:218)
at java.security.SecureRandom.getInstance(SecureRandom.java:342)
at
org.owasp.csrfguard.config.PropertiesConfigurationProvider.<init>(PropertiesConfigurationProvider.java:121)
... 16 more

[2] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/ESBJAVA-4772

--
*Niranda Perera*