Hi,

Container to contianer communication can be done by this as long as we run
a dns server.
However when users/browser wants to access a service running on a container
(say ESB maagement console) don't they have to come via marathon lb? Or
else do the they have to add our dns server to their resolve.conf ?

How about load balancing features such as sticky sessions and round robbing
load balancing. Round robbing load balancing can be done using DNS server
itself, but not sure about sticky session.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently we are using Marathon-LB hostname and service ports in product
> configuration when deploying on DC/OS (Apache Mesos). We can set the
> --dns-search and --dns properties and set a DOMAIN and DNS server in
> /etc/resolve.conf to resolve hostnames which are not found in /etc/hosts
> [1].
>
> This is a much cleaner approach than using Marathon-LB hostname and
> service ports. WDYT?
>

> [1] https://docs.docker.com/v1.7/articles/networking/#dns
>
> Thanks.
>
> --