Hi Sanjeewa,

Thanks for the clarification.

If we consider REST best practices usually we do use above URL pattern to
> get resource when we know resource ID.

We have changed the API according to the suggestions and added the search
to already available resource in the micro service.

/products - Get list of all products
/products?query=esb - Get list of products which matches esb

But now, there is another thing we need to clarify. We have added to the
*/products *as the context and added a new URL pattern "/" with query param
named 'query' in the API Manager. So now when we call */products/1.0.0*, we
get list of all products from the micro service. But when we call
*/products/1.0.0?query=esb*, we get the following error message.

<ams:message>No matching resource found in the API for the given
request</ams:message>

But when we add "/" before the query param as shown below, we get the
product list which matches esb.

*/products/1.0.0/?query=esb*

Is this the correct way to do this or do we have to add another resource
here?

Did you tried this with REST API? If so what is the version?

--
Shan Mahanama

Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwso2.com&h=gAQEswASa>