I have a cluster with two nodes of WSO2 API Manager 1.10.0 with the
following configurations for DeploymentSynchronizer.
(Note that both the nodes are capable of committing.)

     <DeploymentUpdateInterval>120</DeploymentUpdateInterval>
      <DeploymentSynchronizer>
          <Enabled>true</Enabled>
          <AutoCommit>true</AutoCommit>
          <AutoCheckout>true</AutoCheckout>
      </DeploymentSynchronizer>

I had the following observations when changing files at the path
"APIM/repository/tenants/<tenantId>/.."

When I change a file within a folder in above path at 1 node,
there is a latency of about 8mins until the change is committed to svn
repo. (Note that update interval is only 2mins)

I am not very clear about why there is a latency more than expected? Can
this be due to added network latency?

I would appreciate if you can point me to any documentation with details
about the internals of depSync.

I have referred to [1]

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/CLUSTER420/Introduction+to+Deployment+Synchronizer