On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:39 PM, Manuranga Perera <m...@wso2.com> wrote:

> @UUF team
>
> It's OK to provide a POST in theory, but we have to see what they are
> going to do with it. I think they are trying to do a self accepting page.
> In Jaggery is was very hard to unsaturated the code when same code is
> responsible for showing and adding (let say a new user).

Yes. This was done not just in Jaggery, some of our Mgt console JSP UI
pages also have this incorrect behavior. In Java, use of Servlets for
handling POSTs is quite clear. But, how it should be handled in a framework
like UUF? (Or Jaggery for that matter?)

> Let's not repeat that error.
>
> And it's a very common use cause to show whet you just added.
>
> So UUF, Please don't just impalement the feature, think about the full use
> case and give a sample (eg: should they use ajax to submit button?, should
> it go to the same page or different page, if error occurred on POST where
> is that viewed? maybe ask UX?)
>
> Let's give a sample on "how to do a form in UUF". Let's have a chat if
> needed.

On, how to do a form in UUF. Currently, this is how we are handling it  --

$ cat sample.js
function onRequest(env) {
    if (env.request.method == "POST" &&
env.request.formParams["formId"]="myform")
{
        // do stuff related to myform
    }

    if (env.request.method == "GET") {
        // do stuff for GET
    }
}

--

*Kasun Gajasinghe*Associate Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.
email: kasung AT spamfree wso2.com
linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/gajasinghe
blog: http://kasunbg.org
phone: +1 650-745-4499 <+1%20650-745-4499>, 77 678 0813