HI,

We had a similar requirement like this in dashboard component. Our
requirement was to read dashboard files that resides in the DB from the
client-side. For that, we wrote an UI-specific REST API, that will read the
file from the DB. I think you can use the same strategy to do the $subject.
UUF can deploy REST apis for a UI component as [1][2].

[1] -
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-dashboards/blob/uuf-portal/components/org.wso2.carbon.dashboards.view/src/main/component.yaml
[2] -
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-dashboards/blob/uuf-portal/components/org.wso2.carbon.dashboards.metadata.api/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/dashboards/metadata/api/MetadataProviderAPI.java

Thanks,
Nisala

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 2:49 PM, Thanuja Jayasinghe <than...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sajith,
>
> For the user portal feature in IS 6.0.0, we have a requirement to show
> user image in the app. These images are currently persisted inside a
> database. So we need a way to provide image URL for those.
>
> I have created the issue [1] to track this.
>
> [1] - https://github.com/wso2/carbon-uuf/issues/138
>
> Thanks,
> Thanuja
> --