Hi Ravindu,

The below diagram might help you to understand this better.

[image: Inline image 2]

The API Manager UI is built following a Single Page Application
architecture. Which means the UI rendering code runs mostly on the client
(web browser). The data is fetched to the client using Rest APIs which
reside on the "Core". This single page application is hosted on server. In
this particular project, what we're trying to do is to make the UI app
(SPA) aware of "Cores" residing in different environments. So that when
someone switches environments, the client (browser) connects to the Rest
API in the respective environment to fetch data.

So what really changes when you switch environments is the data. For
example, in you dev environment if you have 5 APIs and your prod
environment you just have two APIs. When you switch from dev to prod, the 5
dev APIs should vanish and the 2 prod APIs should appear on your page. The
surrounding layout, style, colors and stuff would remain the same since
they're being served from a single app (SPA), its just the data that
changes since those are being served by Rest APIs in respective
environments.

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--