Hi Ridmal,

It is great that you have already played with API Manager and got familiar
with the features and concepts. Basically, the idea of the project is to
develop a feature for APIM user interface to seamlessly switch between
different environments like Dev/QA/Prod/Staging and perform API management
related operations. As per the feature, there should be a way of
configuring different environments in API manager and the users should be
able to select the environment which they want to access and do whatever
they want via API Store/ API Publisher webapps.

Following diagram will help you to understand what are the components
involved with the feature and how they should interact.

​

API Manager comes with the components like API Core, API Gateway, Key
Manager and Traffic Manager. When there are different environments like
Dev, QA, Prod etc, there can be different deployments of each environment.
The main expectation of the project is to implement an UI to switch between
those environments and allow users to access the artifacts(APIs,
Applications, Doc etc) and services provided with the corresponding
environment.
The API Manager 3.0.0 UI is built, following a Single Page Application
architecture. Which means the UI rendering code runs mostly on the client
(web browser). In order to fetch data, the webapps access corresponding
REST API from the REST API layer which resides on the "Core" (For example,
API Publisher webapp accesses the API Publisher REST API to populate the
UI). This single page application is hosted on a server. In this particular
project, what we're trying to do is to make the UI app (SPA) aware of
"Cores" residing in different environments. So that when someone switches
environments, the client (browser) connects to the Rest API in the
respective environment to fetch data.

Before getting into the implementations, we recommend you to build the
product from the source [1][2] and try to get familiar with the current
implementation of the Store, Publisher webapps. API Manager 3.0.0 (C5) UIs
are built on top of UUF framework [3], thus its better if you can try out
the samples in UUF core [4] and UUF commons [5] so that you can have a
better understanding of the UI and how it is implemented.

[1] https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/tree/C5

[2] https://github.com/wso2/product-apim/tree/C5

[3] https://github.com/wso2/carbon-uuf

[4] https://github.com/wso2/carbon-uuf/tree/master/samples