May be this is bug.

In addition despite you add the handler via source view or through file
system in API level, and then if you happen to update the API in publisher,
all custom handler (or any property) that you add get vanished as the API
gets updated, the new synapse file overwrite it. So you'll have to add it
once again. So wouldn't it be good if the handler is added to
velocity-tempate.xml file if the handler is applicable to all the API? But
if it's not the case, I'm npt sure how to handle it. is there a way to
handle it it easily without always have to re-edit the API synapse file?

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Lakshman Udayakantha <lakshm...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I was trying to add a custom handler to a single API in API Manager.
> According to [1], we can edit the source view of API and add customer
> handler in handler section. Anyway, I can't do that in APIM 2.0.0 because
> source view is read-only. This can be done in earlier versions like 1.10.0.
> Any way we can edit API file from the file system and engage the handler.
> What is the reason for making ESB source view read only? If it should be
> read only then we have to update the documentation and point a way to add
> handlers for single API as well.
>
> [1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM200/Writing+Custom+Handlers
>
> --
> Lakshman Udayakantha