On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:29 PM, Johann Nallathamby <joh...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> If these two handlers are disabled by default there shouldn't be any
> problem. According to default identity-event.properties file they are
> disabled. How come they get triggered then?

Yes. By default the account lock/disabled features are disabled. If it is
required to use account lock/disable features, there should be a way to
store user properties.

Also, if the um_user_attribute table is not there, most of the use cases
will be broken. (Add User/ Update User/ Get  Users ...). So, I think that
user store is incomplete.

Thanks
Isura.

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Farasath Ahamed <farasa...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The minimum requirement to write a custom JDBC user store manager so far
>> (before IS 5.3.0) was to simply override the doAuthenticate() method. So a
>> custom user store that was written for 5.0.0 worked without any
>> modifications (may be dependency changes).
>>
>> But when we use the same code on IS 5.3.0, the custom user store
>> implementations that only override the doAuthenticate() are broken because
>> account disabled[1] and account locked[2] handlers introduced in IS 5.3.0.
>>
>> These two handlers call the getUserClaimValues() method of the
>> userstore to retrieve some claims. Since we haven't overridden the method
>> in custom userstore implementation it calls the super class. This leads to
>> trying to find the claims from a non-existing table[3].
>>
>> One way to solve is to override the getUserClaimValues() method. But in
>> the PoV of the extension developer, this would be an unnecessary step if
>> the custom user store is just used for authentication only as explained in
>> [4].
>>
>> Even in the official docs[5], we do not have any mention of having to
>> implement the getUserClaimValues() method.
>>
>> What would be the correct and the most efficient way to resolve this?
>> Appreciate your thoughts.
>>

>> [1] https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-event-handle
>> r-account-lock/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.
>> identity.handler.event.account.lock/src/main/java/org/wso2/
>> carbon/identity/handler/event/account/lock/AccountDisableHandler.java#L89
>>
>> [2] https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-event-handle
>> r-account-lock/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.
>> identity.handler.event.account.lock/src/main/java/org/wso2/
>> carbon/identity/handler/event/account/lock/AccountLockHandler.java#L186
>>
>> [3] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY-6074?focusedCommen
>> tId=134555&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.
>> issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-134555
>>
>> [4] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY-6074
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Farasath Ahamed
>> Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> Mobile: +94777603866
>> Blog: blog.farazath.com
>> Twitter: @farazath619 <https://twitter.com/farazath619>
>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> *Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*
> Senior Technical Lead - WSO2 Identity Server
> Governance Technologies Team
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> Mobile - *+94777776950*