There is no out of the box way to secure your APIs with basic
authentication in WSO2 API Manager. But you can write a new authentication
handler for your requirement.

However please note you need to evaluate the security mechanism and how it
is applied via a handler first. For example, when the current handler
receives an OAuth2 access token, it knows the user, application,
subscription information. That's how it knows how to throttle and publish
stats accordingly. You need to be able to find these information from your
new handler you introduce for the throttling and stats to work accurately.

Thanks.

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Júnior <fjunio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure an API on WSO2AM 2.1.0, and the only
> authentication mechanism it supports is via OAuth. Is there any way to use
> Basic Auth for API Authentication?

> Francisco Ribeiro
> *SCEA|SCJP|SCWCD|IBM Certified SOA Associate*

Rajkumar Rajaratnam
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2

LinkedIn: https://lk.linkedin.com/in/rajuu