Hi,

Currently I am working on making WSO2 IS OpenID Connect certified. I ran a
test on requesting essential claims from OP, when the scope is openid. It
gave an error saying unexpected claims returned.

Then I inquired about this issue through the mailing list of OIDC
specifications [1]. I got some information from that as openid scope should
only return subject and issuer.

IS 5.4.0 is supporting many claims for scope openid. They are :
              sub,email,email_verified,name,family_name,given_name,middle_
name,nickname,

preferred_username,profile,picture,website,gender,birthdate,zoneinfo,locale,

              phone_number,phone_number_verified,address,street,updated_at

I couldn't find In the OIDC specification where it mention that, openid
scope should only return subject and issuer.

Can you please help me on this issue?

Thank you.

[1] -
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs/2017-August/subject.html