Hello,

I really don't understand why my "external" roles don't appear in the list
and why no role methods are called in my connector because, when I
configure a LDAP one, I can see the roles retrieved from the LDAP are
listed with the internal ones.

I set the log level to DEBUG to see that the LDAP user store is calling the
internal role retrieval method before checking if the user exists:

[2017-08-17 11:18:00,647] DEBUG
{org.wso2.carbon.user.core.common.AbstractUserStoreManager} -  Retrieving
internal roles for user name :  a.bresson and search filter *
[2017-08-17 11:18:00,648] DEBUG
{org.wso2.carbon.user.core.ldap.ReadOnlyLDAPUserStoreManager} -  Searching
for user a.bresson

But in my case, the user check method isn't even called!

If I continue with the logs, I can see that:

[2017-08-17 11:18:00,653] DEBUG
{org.wso2.carbon.user.core.ldap.ReadOnlyLDAPUserStoreManager} -  Reading
roles with the memberOfProperty Property: memberOf

Following this source code [1], it seems that it executes the method to
retrieve the external roles. On my side, in my own connector, that does not
even go there because it doesn't even check if the user exists.

What am I missing?

Regards,

Thomas

[1]