Hi Piriya,

Have you included the JAR or the OSGI bundle in your ESB pack? If not could
you please add it. Can you try adding the handler to your proxy through
management console?

Thanks & Regards,
Mushthaq

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Piriya Sivalingam <pir...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a scenario where I have to decode the JWT token at the ESB layer
> and fetch the user role from that token and validate at the ESB. I have a
> handler to decode the generated JWT token and extract the role. I have
> tried different ways in order to call that handler in my ESB proxy service.
>
> 1. Added the below code inside the synapse configuration of my proxy
> service located at <ESB_HOME>/repository/deployment/server/synapse-
> configs/default/proxy-services.
>
> <handlers>
>       <handler class="org.wso2.rest.JwtHandler"/>
>    </handlers>
>
> 2. Added the above code into the axis2.xml file located at
> <ESB_HOME>/repository/conf/axis2/axis2.xml.
>
> I start the server in debug mode and noticed that handler does not get
> executed.
>
> And according to the first method, whenever I make any changes to the
> proxy, that (handler) gets removed. If I am not wrong, this is the expected
> behavior.
>

> Could you please suggest how can I call the handler inside my ESB proxy
> service?
>
> The ESB version is ESB 5.0.0.
>
> Thanks,
> Piriya

> *Piriya Sivalingam*
>
> *Software Engineer - Support Team*
>
> *WSO2*
> *Mobile : +94 77 8462039 <+94%2077%20846%202039>*
>
> [image: http://wso2.com/signature] <http://wso2.com/signature>

Mushthaq Rumy
*Software Engineer*
Mobile : +94 (0) 779 492140 <%2B94%20%280%29%20773%20451194>
Email : musht...@wso2.com
WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com/
lean . enterprise . middleware.

<http://wso2.com/signature>