How this can be achieved is by using the notifications functions when new
API versions are created and by the API deprecation feature. So what will
happen when a new version of an API is published is that a notification
should be sent to existing subscribes to notify them that the API will be
deprecated in X months and retired in Y months. Then the API publisher has
to actually perform those actions (deprecate and retire) in X and Y
respectively.

Thanks,
NuwanD.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Shanika Wickramasinghe <shani...@wso2.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Please Refer to the APIM 2.2.0 Scenario doc [1]. Under API Versioning
>> section there is a sub point as below
>>
>> "Enforcing a grace period to upgrade to the new version of the API"
>>
>> Could not find a way to implement this under the API Versioning section
>> in APIM 2.x.x [2] [3]. Is it possible to implement this using throttling
>> policies (correct me if i am wrong) [4]. Appreciate any guidance on how
>> this can be implemented using APIM 2.1.0 update-5 pack.
>>

>> [1].https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YTcqeywgLR47NZY3xWwc
>> -jJfREjhhVl2vgAAasZhN3A/edit#heading=h.5ols5s5s9tct
>> [2].https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM2xx/Create+a+New+API+Version
>> [3].https://docs.wso2.com/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=
>> AM2xx&title=API+Versioning
>> [4].https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM2xx/Enforcing+Throttling+to+an+API
>>
>> Thankyou,
>> Shanika.
>>
>> --
>> *Shanika Wickramasinghe*
>> Software Engineer - QA Team
>>
>> Email    : shani...@wso2.com
>> Mobile  : +94713503563 <071%20350%203563>
>> Web     : http://wso2.com
>>
>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>

> --
> Thanks and Regards,