Hi Hasanthi,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:54 PM, Hasanthi Purnima Dissanayake <
hasan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Requirement :
> We have a requirement to insert/update or delete a row from a db table
> once access token or authorization code is generated, revoked, code or
> token status changed or a refresh token is issued. Without directly
> invoking the db, we thought of implementing events to trigger when one of
> the above scenario happens.

Can you explain the need of a event mechanism for these use cases.. What
are the problems that we try to overcome using the new method?

Thanks,

> So the existing architecture is kind of service layer is responsible of
> issuing/revoking/deleting tokens or codes and this layer is directly
> invoking the DAO layer for db calls. So we have two places to implement
> events in the service layer or the DAO layer.
>
> Problem :
> If we are implementing the events in the service layer, then we have to
> trigger multiple events in multiple places as we are doing above operations
> in multiple places in the service layer. Also some of the service layer
> classes are extensible so we cannot guarantee that a third party extension
> developer will implement the events in the extended code.
>
> If we are implementing the events in the DAO layer, then the DAO layer
> isolation will be violated.
>
> Ideally there should be a middle layer in between the service layer and
> the DAO layer for such kind of situations. As we don't have such a middle
> layer, ATM we have implemented the events in the DAO layer.
>
> Highly appreciate any feedback on above.

> Hasanthi Dissanayake
>
> Senior Software Engineer | WSO2
>
> E: hasan...@wso2.com
> M :0718407133| http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>

*Darshana Gunawardana*Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

*E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
*Mobile: +94718566859*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware