Hi Godwin,

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:50 AM, Godwin Shrimal <god...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I have a few clarification about analytics table. As per the discussion
> had with Gihan, I understand there are tables to store stats per seconds,
> stats per minutes etc... as described in [1].
>
> *Questions*
>
> 1. Say we are creating a purging car to delete records from stats per
> second table with 2 days retention period. So as I understand this will
> only impact the data of one minute time period since after one minute those
> per second data (something cumulative value) stores in per minute table. Is
> this understanding correct? And Don't we need those per second data
> (deleted) to represent on the dashboard if those cumulative value already
> added to stats per minute table?

​Both perSecond tables and perMinute tables are populating from an
execution plan. ​

​
​We are not doing any cumulative addition top of perSecond to perMinute.
PerHour table will depend on perMinute, perDay will depend on perHour etc.
But if you delete data from perSecond and perMinute tables then that will
affect the final value that display in the dashboard depend on the time
range you are using. We are using perSecond, perMinute values to calculate
ending edge of the time range. All 5 tables will be used to calculate total
when you request a value for a time range.

> 2. We have configured a global purging for 14 days retention to delete all
> tables and deployed a purging car file to delete stat per seconds table for
> 2 days retention. I want to know these both execute as it is?

​Our recommendation is to use same purging policy to all tables to maintain
the consistency. Deleting only perSecond table will give slightly incorrect
result (up to 59 second worth data can be missed from final result)​

​and effect the drill down capability.​

--
W.G. Gihan Anuruddha
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc.