Hi Hasintha,

Same can happen in multi-step authentication where a user successfully
login wiht1st authenticator and fail in the 2nd case.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 8:04 PM, Hasintha Indrajee <hasin...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> We have the feature of enabling authorization for service provider [1].
> Imagine a scenario where we login to an SP for the very first time and
> authorization fails due to some violation of authorization policies. Even
> if authorization fails we do set commonAuthId cookie in the response which
> means the user has a valid SSO session from that point onwards.
>
> This can be seen in two perspectives.
>
> 1) The user is authenticated, but authorization fails, Hence we should set
> the cookie for SSO irrespective of authorization decision.
>
> 2) But this may lead to an inconsistant state. Suppose this is the only
> application the user is allowed to login. But due to some policy violation,
> the first login fails. In a case of a shared computer this leads to a
> deadlock where the user neither can't properly login nor proper logout. We
> can use the workaround of calling commonAuthLogout=true. But this will not
> do a proper logout. (logging out external idps). Hence in a shared computer
> the user has no option.

I think in this case user should close the browser, then he won't get this
issue. this is valid for the multi step authentication as well.

-Ishara

--
Ishara Karunarathna
Technical Lead