Hi,
We have changed the registry resource project's  server role to
"EnterpriseIntegrator" (Default of EI tooling) to resolve the above issue
[1] <https://github.com/wso2/devstudio-tooling-platform/pull/35>.

Thanks,
Prabushi

[1] - https://github.com/wso2/devstudio-tooling-platform/pull/35

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Senduran Balasubramaniyam <
sendu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> The reason for this is, initially the developer studio was across the
> platform, so the server role was there to distinguish the artifacts. But
> since now we have the EI / ESB tooling we can have the  EnterpriseServiceBus
> as the default role.
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Shazni Nazeer <sha...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 for fixing this. This is common nuisance when deploying registry
>> artifacts, usually when we add new artifacts through the devS UI at times
>> the ones which had  'EnterpriseServiceBus'  reverts back to '
>> GovernanceRegistry'.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Senduran Balasubramaniyam <
>> sendu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for fixing this. since G-Reg is no longer active
>>> Anyway Godwin, if you have created a ESB solution project the server
>>> role is by default set to EnterpriseServiceBus
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Vinod Kavinda <vi...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Godwin,
>>>> Thanks for the update. Reported the issue [1]
>>>>
>>>> [1] - https://github.com/wso2/product-ei/issues/1428
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Vinod
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Godwin Shrimal <god...@wso2.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for the response guy, I could resolve it by setting
>>>>> "EnterpriseServiceBus" server role when exporting car file. I think this
>>>>> should work OOB, best thing is adding "GovernanceRegistry"  in
>>>>> carbon.xml under server roles.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> Godwin
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Sashika Wijesinghe <sash...@wso2.com
>>>>> > wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Himasha,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> When exporting the carbon application project we can select the
>>>>>> required server role. I have tried that option for 'EnterpriseServiceBus'
>>>>>> server role and it works for me.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> Sashika
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Himasha Guruge <himas...@wso2.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Sashika,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> To solve the issue, you can add the 'GovernanceRegistry' server role
>>>>>>> to the EI server under "<ServerRoles>" in the carbon.xml or set the 
>>>>>>> server
>>>>>>> role of the registry resource to 'EnterpriseIntegrator' when creating 
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> CAR file.
>>>>>>> Have we tried out option 2? (setting role to 'EnterpriseIntegrator')
>>>>>>> AFAIR in tooling, we don't list ''EnterpriseIntegrator' role for
>>>>>>> registry projects.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>> Himasha
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Vinod Kavinda <vi...@wso2.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>>>> IMO, this should work OOB. If above changes works, we can ship the
>>>>>>>> carbon.xml with the role  'GovernanceRegistry'. Shall we report a
>>>>>>>> bug?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>> Vinod
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Sashika Wijesinghe <
>>>>>>>> sash...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hi Godwin,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> To solve the issue, you can add the 'GovernanceRegistry' server
>>>>>>>>> role to the EI server under "<ServerRoles>" in the carbon.xml or set 
>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>> server role of the registry resource to 'EnterpriseIntegrator' when
>>>>>>>>> creating the CAR file.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>> Sashika
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Rukshan Premathunga <
>>>>>>>>> ruks...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hi Godwin,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I think it because of your car file don't compatible with EI
>>>>>>>>>> server role. Can you please find the EI server role and update in the
>>>>>>>>>> artifact.xml.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Thanks and Regards
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 8:21 AM, Godwin Shrimal <god...@wso2.com>
>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Devs,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Can't we have a CAR application with only registry project and
>>>>>>>>>>> deploy? It's complaining there are no artifacts to deploy and goes 
>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>> faulty.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>>>>> Godwin
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> *Godwin Amila Shrimal*
>>>>>>>>>>> Associate Technical Lead
>>>>>>>>>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>>>>>>>>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> mobile: *+94772264165*
>>>>>>>>>>> linkedin: *https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/
>>>>>>>>>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/>*
>>>>>>>>>>> twitter: https://twitter.com/godwinamila
>>>>>>>>>>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> Rukshan Chathuranga.
>>>>>>>>>> Software Engineer.
>>>>>>>>>> WSO2, Inc.
>>>>>>>>>> +94711822074 <+94%2071%20182%202074>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>>> Dev mailing list
>>>>>>>>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>>>>>>>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> *Sashika WijesingheSoftware Engineer - QA Team*
>>>>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 774537487
>>>>>>>>> sash...@wso2.com
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>> Dev mailing list
>>>>>>>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>>>>>>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Vinod Kavinda
>>>>>>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>>>>>>> *WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware <http://www.wso2.com>.*
>>>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712 415544
>>>>>>>> Blog : http://soatechflicks.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>> [image: http://wso2.com/signature]
>>>>>>>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>> Dev mailing list
>>>>>>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>>>>>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Himasha Guruge
>>>>>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>>>>>> WS*O2* *Inc.*
>>>>>>> Mobile: +94 777459299 <+94%2077%20745%209299>
>>>>>>> himas...@wso2.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *Sashika WijesingheSoftware Engineer - QA Team*
>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 774537487
>>>>>> sash...@wso2.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>> Dev mailing list
>>>>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>>>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> *Godwin Amila Shrimal*
>>>>> Associate Technical Lead
>>>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>>>
>>>>> mobile: *+94772264165*
>>>>> linkedin: *https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/
>>>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/godwin-amila-2ba26844/>*
>>>>> twitter: https://twitter.com/godwinamila
>>>>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Dev mailing list
>>>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Vinod Kavinda
>>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>>> *WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware <http://www.wso2.com>.*
>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712 415544
>>>> Blog : http://soatechflicks.blogspot.com/
>>>> [image: http://wso2.com/signature]
>>>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Dev mailing list
>>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Senduran *
>>> Senior Software Engineer,
>>> WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/ <http://wso2.com/>
>>> Mobile: +94 77 952 6548 <+94%2077%20952%206548>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Dev mailing list
>>> Dev@wso2.org
>>> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Shazni Nazeer
>>
>> Mob : +94 777737331
>> LinkedIn : http://lk.linkedin.com/in/shazninazeer
>>
>> Blogs :
>>
>> https://medium.com/@mshazninazeer
>> http://shazninazeer.blogspot.com
>>
>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> *Senduran *
> Senior Software Engineer,
> WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/ <http://wso2.com/>
> Mobile: +94 77 952 6548 <+94%2077%20952%206548>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Dev mailing list
> Dev@wso2.org
> http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>
>


-- 
*Prabushi Samarakoon*
Software Engineer
Mobile: +94715434580
Email: prabus...@wso2.com
_______________________________________________
Dev mailing list
Dev@wso2.org
http://wso2.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev

Reply via email to