Hi All,

I'm currently working on implementing protection API endpoints for UMA 2.0
. To access the protection API endpoints it is a must to have a valid PAT
(Protection API Access Token) in the request. PAT represents the
authorization of the resource owner for the resource server to use the
authorization server for protecting resources.

I have used the existing REST authentication valve available at [1] to
filter out the required values. I have a requirement to check if the token
has the scope as uma_protection. The issue is that the current valve
implementation doesn't have a way to obtain the scope. I have to add
another parameter at [2] to obtain the scope to proceed with the
authentication.

Please provide your thoughts on this.

[1] https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-carbon-auth-rest
[2]
https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-carbon-auth-rest/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.identity.auth.service/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/auth/service/handler/impl/OAuth2AccessTokenHandler.java#L95

Thanks
--
*Dewni Weeraman*
Trainee Software Engineer | WSO2