Hi Laurent,
Instead of having a system-service, you may do the same with the
concept of *device-owner
[1]*. Basically by setting the existing agent as the device-owner, AFAIK
you can do all the capabilities of the system-service plus some additional
functionalities as well.
The agent was written in a way [2] such that to enable executing
system-service-functions if you set the app as the device-owner.

You can follow the doc "Device ownership for Android" shared by Madhawa and
make the agent device-owner.

[1] - https://developer.android.com/samples/DeviceOwner/index.html
[1] -
https://github.com/wso2/cdmf-agent-android/blob/master/client/client/src/main/java/org/wso2/iot/agent/services/operation/OperationManagerFactory.java